Location: Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer (SE) develops and executes adaptable technology plans that drive achievement of business results. Broad base of experience required. Efforts may include systems engineering, operations analysis, systems integration, cyber security, IT network, applications, and programmatic support.
• Capable of quickly developing an in-depth understanding of networks, systems, and applications either planned or already in place
• Able to identify ways to improve and update the security of the customer’s network, systems, and applications through both hardware and software is imperative
• Establishes user policies, protocols, monitoring and enforcement with the implementation of countermeasures designed to protect the customer’s enterprise against unauthorized user attempts to gain access
• Ensures that System Security Engineering industry best practices are established, implemented, enforced, and evaluated for compliance for technology and services that provide perimeter security, network security, endpoint security, application security, physical security, and data security for all information technology assets
• Ensures that the customer’s cybersecurity solutions, that provide protection for the systems are properly architected and engineered
• Ensures that the individual security components are designed, deployed, integrated, engineered and are operated as intended to provide the optimal level of protection
• Ensures that security vulnerabilities are assesses, identified, and contained, and their risks are minimized spanning the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Analyze and provide expertise, advice, recommendations on new, innovative information security solutions in an environment with rapidly advancing technologies and concepts
• Assists in the integration of security-related, supply chain risk management (SCRM) concepts into the RMF to address untrustworthy suppliers, insertion of counterfeits, tampering, unauthorized production, theft, insertion of malicious code, and poor manufacturing and development practices throughout the SDLC
• Leads the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support our cyber security program
• 5+ years of experience in systems engineering and information security
• Must possess the following certifications, Network+ or CISSP - Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP).
• Must be US Citizen, National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) and/or Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) will be required
• Top Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance may be required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.