Location: Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Privacy SME has expertise in privacy law and cybersecurity mandates within the federal government regarding and governing the collection, use, transfer, and protection of personally identifiable information (PII).
• Reduce adverse consequences for people at both the individual and societal level, with follow-on effects on organizations’ reputation, bottom line, and prospects for growth
• Identify means to derive benefits from data while simultaneously protecting individuals’ privacy
• Manage privacy risks by taking privacy into account as our customer designs and deploys systems, products, and services that affect individuals
• Integrate privacy practices into our customer’s business processes resulting in effective solutions to mitigate any adverse impacts
• Establish routine communications about Privacy practices
• Encourage cross-organization collaboration to develop Privacy Profiles and achieve outcomes
• Identify Privacy requirements for the complex and interconnected relationships among entities involved in creating or deploying systems, products, or services
• Must possess Certified Information Privacy Professional, Certified Information Privacy Manager, or Certified Information Privacy Technologist credentials
• Must be US Citizen, National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) and/or Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) will be required
• Top Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance may be required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.