Location: Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cyber Security Specialist III will be an expert contributor and leader. Resolves technical problems that are typically exceptionally difficult or complex. Leads teams on complex projects/ assignments. Develops products, solutions, processes using advanced principles, theories and concepts within own technical specialty. Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts related to information security practices.
• Helps determine, plan, and coordinate the IT security programs, policies, baselines, and roadmap
• Provides security architecture and design consultation to achieve security goals and to maintain compliance with federal mandates
• Provides security and industry expertise and assessments and recommend new investments to leadership
• Provide specific, well-defined and focused cybersecurity tactical and strategic goals that are aligned with the customer's business needs
• Establish performance metrics and evaluation criteria to measure the progress of meeting cybersecurity and privacy goals and ensures that identified cybersecurity and privacy goals are achievable, attainable and sustainable
• Routinely conveys the customer's cybersecurity and privacy goals and progress towards meeting those goals
• Reduces the complexity of the information technology (IT) and operations technology (OT) infrastructure using Enterprise Architecture concepts and models to consolidate, optimize, and standardize organizational systems, applications, and services
• Further reduces the complexity of systems by eliminating unnecessary functions and security and privacy capabilities that do not address security and privacy risk
• US Citizen
• Active Top-Secret clearance
• Bachelor's degree in cyber security, information technology or related field;
• 8+ years of experience in information security;
• 3+ years of experience with NIST 800-53;
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information
Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or SSCP.
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.