Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Secret Security Clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Personnel Security Specialist to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the United States Secret Service. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform analytical duties in support of security investigations, re-investigations and functions in order to determine trustworthiness of individuals with access to sensitive information and facilities.
- Assist in conducting preliminary and final reviews of statements of personal history and related data prior to initiation of background investigation procedures
- Conduct background investigations of individuals who would occupy positions where a determination of suitability for employment or access to classified information is required
- Prepare reports on investigations resulting from interviews conducted during background investigations
- Draft summary sheets on the results of investigations for all assigned cases. In case of derogatory information, drafts detailed evaluation of the adverse information. When the information is insufficient to make a recommendation regarding the disposition of the case the PSS must draft a list of recommended questions for lines of inquiry for follow on investigations
- Assist in adjudicating personal background investigations for suitability for employment with the agency and/or issuance of a security clearance
- Work assignments may include but are not limited to: review Personnel Security Questionnaires (SF-86 and SF-85P), verify information submitted on applications contact subjects via approved methods to complete information on background investigation forms, input data from MAC applications, retrieve data from credit bureaus, request Local Agency Checks, review reports to determine criminal record, traffic violation, etc.
- Experience with performing general personnel security case management, assembling personnel security case files, and recommending cases for final adjudication
- Knowledge in one or more of the personnel security program areas (pre-screening process, single-scope background investigations, periodic reinvestigations, etc.)
- Working hours will be 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Active Secret security clearance
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.