Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret security clearance or DOE "Q" clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for an Exchange Engineer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Department of Energy (DOE) to define and execute systems engineering activities, that may consist of systems planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk management, benchmarking, information engineering, and development and staffing of a systems engineering or security management plan. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Technical documentation creation and maintenance for the Microsoft Exchange Email system
- Provide installation and configuration of the requisite components related to the Service
- If required, export of current data for current accounts. Migrate mailbox files for all users
- Mailbox creation and add-on enablement. Initial setup of the mailboxes including add-on enablement
- Review the current/proposed environment for both the expected capabilities and efficiencies in support of the Service as appropriate
- Administer user accounts including account creation through final account disposition
- Provide Exchange server incident management, trouble tickets and escalations
- Coordinate Exchange server problem management process from engagement to resolution
- Assign resources to patch activities in accordance with Advanced Patching Maintenance Plan
- Deploy approved patches during scheduled maintenance periods in accordance with Agency standards
- Apply Microsoft Exchange vendor provided patches and updates
- Install hardened operating system that run the email environment to federal agency standard.
- Apply and validate patches for completeness and functionality for all systems that run or support the email service.
- Confirm Exchange operating system functionality in the federal agency environment.
- DNS Resolution: List, add, modify and remove created or imported domains in federal agency environment through Active Directory.
- Windows and Linux Active Directory Privileged user account provisioning and management.
- Generate proactive notification of expected service interruptions related to Hardware or OS, to include but not limited to Microsoft Exchange Servers.
- Provide general support to the Exchange email environment during core business hours in accordance with SLAs
- Engage vendors on behalf of federal agency for hardware maintenance and problem mitigation in the Email environment
- Provide capacity management for entire federal agency's email environment
- Exchange Operating System break/fix services.
- Review all desired customer configurations and create Advanced Patching Maintenance Plan for the email environment
- Deploy Microsoft Exchange approved patches during scheduled maintenance periods in accordance with federal agency policy.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” clearance is required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.