THIS JOB IS NO LONGER APPLICABLE
Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Active Public Trust clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Business Analyst to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau to document the business vision and the project’s scope. Other duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Participate in eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Work with a Senior Analyst to decompose high-level business statements and user requirements into functional requirements specified at an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the development team.
- Work with a Senior Analyst to define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Represent requirements using a variety of formats, such as use cases, analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Participate within the Agile team to ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Develop detailed test plans and test cases based on technical requirements and system design documents that are repeatable and have clearly defined expected results.
- Execute and document test case results to validate application functionality.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- Experience working with Atlassian’s JIRA is preferred.
- Ability to query databases tables using SQL
- Experience with project transformation
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff
- Active Public Trust clearance is required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.