Location: Germantown, MD
Security Clearance Eligibility: Secret or Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” or "L" clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Department of Energy (DOE). Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to Tier 1 and 2 user support and customer service on DOE information technology systems, applications, and platforms
- Troubleshoot and repair desktop computers and associated software and peripherals
- Assist and train users in using those systems and associated hardware and software
- Administration, operation, and management of the ticketing IT application
- Research and report the status of support requests
- Support the deployment of new systems and applications for DOE
- Represent the interests of the users internally to the IT organization
- Help administer various systems that support DOE operations
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable supporting all DOE staff, including senior executives
- Working knowledge of standard office automation software and hardware including MS Windows, MS Office, Internet Explorer, networking (wired and wireless), desktop computer hardware, notebook computer hardware, PDAs, VPN, VoIP phones, Oracle user administration, and Active Directory user administration.
- IT certifications (MCDST, HDI, A+, etc.) are preferred
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” or "L" clearance is required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.