Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret security clearance or DOE "Q" clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a SQL Database Administrator to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Department of Energy (DOE) to define and execute systems engineering activities, that may consist of systems planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk management, benchmarking, information engineering, and development and staffing of a systems engineering or security management plan. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performance tuning for SQL server, queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies.
- Ability to analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, Disaster Recovery or high performance.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Policy Based Management
- Ability to build custom T-SQL jobs for managing SQL Statistics and Index Maintenance
- Ability to take a standard SQL Server GUI based feature setup (such as Mirroring, job setup, etc.), and convert it to a T-SQL or PowerShell based process that can be applied across multiple servers efficiently.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption
- Understanding of new SQL Server technologies and how they could or will positively or negatively impact the environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in team environment.
- May require occasional shift adjustment to support after hours maintenance and application upgrades.
- Collaborate with OEM vendor on patches and software updates. Ability to apply server and application patches
- Maintain strong database documentation and data dictionaries. Provide status reports and senior level briefings on capabilities or system or planned maintenance
- Will work as part of a team collaborating in support of software applications.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” clearance is required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.