Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Top Secret security clearance or DOE "Q" clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Network Engineer II to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Department of Energy (DOE). Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support in one or more specific areas associated with network-architecture technology, interoperability, or integration.
- Provides support for the development of technical analyses, white papers, or research for specific technical areas of network architecture.
- Provides general analyses on network interoperability topologies, technologies, interfaces, and protocols.
- May be responsible for designing the Cloud Computing Network stack to enable broad network access to ensure on-demand self-services across Cloud Deployment Models (Public, Private, Community, Hybrid).
- May be responsible for designing virtual network as service and the network for Cloud Optimized Storage.
- May be responsible for designing and transitioning to new networks.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge in one or more aspects of telecommunications and Cloud Computing network architectures for Government applications
- May possess broad knowledge in network integration, network interoperability, network implementation, Cloud Computing infrastructure, Cloud Computing Deployment Models, telecommunications technologies, or network protocols
- Capable of independent work on specific tasks associated with the implementation of specific aspects of network architecture projects and is capable of providing limited guidance or supervision of Engineers working on highly complex network architecture projects
- Working with customer to define requirements to design/redesign and deploy Heterogenous Network Environments (Cloud Computing Network & On-Premises)
- Extensive routing and switching experience configuring Cisco and Juniper platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud Computing technologies (AWS, GovCloud, C2S)
- Implementing Automation best practices (Python/Ansible)
- Analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network and security
- Experience troubleshooting complex layer 2 and layer 3 issues
- Project Management tracking tools such as JIRA
- COMSEC Monitoring/Inventory Tools such as GEM-X and GEMONE
- Implement, upgrade, configure network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Comply with configuration management, change management and other policy management documentation requirements
- Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” clearance is required
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.