Location: Washington, DC
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Solutions Architect to design, develop, and implement applications to support business requirements and achieve high level of quality and end-user satisfaction. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follows approved life cycles methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Participates in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and deployment of applications and web sites.
- Assists in creation and execution of project plans.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follows the defined framework guidelines and coding standards.
- Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas.
- Participates as a lead developer in the creation of IT solutions.
- Provides coverage and support of production application systems.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level in selected disciplines of IT architecture.
- Utilizes and maintains technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions.
- Evaluates and implements emerging tools and techniques to optimize the IT development process.
- Develops organizational product roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for engineering solutions to transform client organizations.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field is required
- 5+ years of Software Engineer/Architect experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to embrace, support, and execute organizational change
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable briefing the Chief Information Officer (CIO) on recommendations and solutions
- Must be a US citizen or a US Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.