Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Active Public Trust clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Help Desk Specialist to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to support information technology systems for over 600 users. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to Tier 1 and 2 user support and customer service on TTB information technology systems, applications, and platforms.
- Respond to additional, limited support for external customers who use TTB systems.
- Administration, operation, and management of the Numera’s Track-IT application.
- Research and report the status of support requests.
- Support the deployment of new systems and applications for TTB.
- Represent the interests of the users internally to the IT organization.
- Help administer various systems that support TTB operations
Able to work the shift from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Education and Years of Experience:
- Associate’s degree is related field is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support experience.
- Experience with Numera’s Track-IT, or similar ticketing system is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a call center environment is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable supporting all TTB staff, including senior executives.
- Working knowledge of standard office automation software and hardware including MS Windows, MS Office, Internet Explorer, networking (wired and wireless), desktop computer hardware, notebook computer hardware, PDAs, VPN, VoIP phones, Oracle user administration, and Active Directory user administration.
- IT certifications (MCDST, HDI, A+, etc.) are preferred
- Active Public Trust clearance
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.