Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Active Public Trust clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for an IT Facilities Data Center Manager to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to support information technology systems for over 800 users. The IIT Facilities and Depot Team Lead is a key component of successfully supporting TTB's IT equipment. Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the team for both IT Facilities and Depot staff on and offsite.
- Manage the operations of TTB’s 2 data centers, field office LAN closets and various headquarters LAN rooms.
- Oversee the installation, wiring, modification and removal of devices in the data centers. Work with systems owners to make sure that the requested is clearly understood and have the proper approvals. Make sure that the data center and LAN rooms are kept clean, wiring neat and equipment properly labeled.
- Ensure that all support equipment is properly maintained. This includes HVAC systems, UPS systems, fire protection systems, generators and facilities monitoring systems. The facilities manager will be the technical POC / expert for all of the preventative maintenance (PM) contracts, will schedule and attend PM visits as required and oversee break / fix service calls.
- Respond to alerts both during and outside of business hours. Take appropriate actions to alerts to protect the facilities, equipment contained and operational status.
- Ensure that key elements in the facilities (cooling, water leaks, power, and access control) are properly monitored and setup for alerting.
- Inventory control management.
Education and Years of Experience:
- 2+ years of experience with IT Facilities Data Center support is required.
- A background in facilities maintenance, to include UPS’s systems, HVAC’s generators and fire protection systems.
- Working knowledge of standard office automation IT equipment, which includes Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, networking (both wired and wireless), desktop computer hardware, notebook computer hardware, PDAs, VPN, and VoIP phones.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable supporting all TTB staff, including senior executives.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Relevant certifications (e.g., MCDST or A+) are preferred.
- Experience with Numera’s Track-IT software is preferred.
- Experience managing shipping and receiving is preferred.
- Experience supporting data center operations is preferred.
- Active Public Trust clearance
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.