Location: Washington, DC, but remote work will be considered
Security Clearance Eligibility: Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Sr. React Developer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau to develop, implement, and maintain web-based Java applications that support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction. Other duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies, create user-centric designs, and develop enduring technical solutions.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Participate as a member of the design review board to review designs for new development and provide feedback and guidance with regards to user interface design.
- Develop creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid iterative testing of design ideas.
- Develop and create UI components (such as dropdowns, form controls, or other UI elements) for re-use by the developers.
- Responsible for the implementation of a consistent CSS strategy, building CSS as needed, and ensuring CSS standards are followed throughout the application.
- Provide guidance to help development team to ensure delivery of a product which aligns with Section 508 accessibility regulations.
- Knowledge of Aria and able to provide guidance to help development team to ensure delivery of a product which aligns with Section 508 accessibility regulations.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in front-end development is required.
- Strong background in the implementation of applications using React is required.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with frameworks, including Bootstrap, React, Responsive Design, and Test Driven Design.
- Experience with JBoss, Java, J2EE, Eclipse, Spring, NodeJS, NPM, JDBC, XML, and XSL is preferred.
- Experience with Axure RP or similar tools for the creation of mock-ups, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Washington, DC, but remote work will be considered.
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.