THIS JOB IS NO LONGER APPLICABLE
Location: Washington, DC, but remote work will be considered
Security Clearance Eligibility: Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Java Developer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Provides leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Participates in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and deployment of Java-based applications and web sites. Assists in creation and execution of project plans.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follows the defined framework guidelines and coding standards.
- Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas.
- Participates as a lead developer in the creation of IT solutions.
- Provides coverage and support of production application systems.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level in selected disciplines of IT architecture.
- Mentors other developers.
- Utilizes and maintains technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions.
- Evaluates and implements emerging tools and techniques to optimize the IT development process.
- Develops organizational product roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for engineering solutions to transform client organizations.
- Effectively liaison between client and corporate stakeholders including managers, software engineers, quality assurance and other technical resources.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience as a software engineer/architect
- Oracle Java Developer Certification
- Oracle Java Enterprise Architect Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Demonstrated expertise architecting J2EE Web applications and Web Services. Must have extensive experience with WebLogic, J2EE, Eclipse, Struts, Swing, JSPs, Servlets, EJB 3.0, JDBC, SOA, XML, XSL and Hibernate.
- Experience architecting and designing enterprise-level Java applications for Linux servers and Oracle databases is required. Aware of and experienced with latest technology research in key focus areas to ensure the feasibility of technical execution.
- Expertise in designing and building multi-threaded, transactional and distributed systems. Must be experienced in the implementation of application frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of software configuration management and continuous integration principles through the use of tools such as Git, SubVersion, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development teams and knowledge of the software development lifecycle in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to embrace, support and execute organizational change.
- Must also be able to evangelize technical vision throughout the technical team.
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable briefing the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Assistant CIOs on recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Washington, DC, but remote work will be considered.
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.