Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Active Public Trust Clearance is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Source is looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to help improve and maintain the network infrastructure including voice, data, and video. Over the next two years plus, we will be upgrading to a spine and leaf architecture, and you will be responsible for defining and executing the new architecture with our engineering team. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support configuration and optimization of network servers, routers, switches, firewalls and VPN.
- Analyze and monitor network workload, capacity, and performance.
- Diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Develop network backup and recovery procedures.
- Provide support with Cisco ISR/ASR Routers and Catalyst/Nexus Switches
- Install, test, maintain and upgrade network hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the usage of local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN), telecommunications, VoIP and VPN.
- Provide technical network management necessary to ensure continuous operation of systems with an operational uptime rate of 99%.
- Provides support for exercise and contingency operations to ensure connectivity between the TTB Headquarters and remote field offices and users.
- Resolve highly complex network interoperability problems.
- Research new technologies.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of experience in the networking field
- Experience managing and configuring Nexus 7K and 9K in ACI Mode.
- Strong experience with Cisco ACI/VXLan
- Familiarity with VPN technologies; Next Gen Firewall Technologies including deep packet inspection/IDS/Wan acceleration services
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP configuration/implementation and monitoring
- Experience with CUCM and UCCX and call center configuration.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills/packet capture/analysis skills
- Expertise with routing/switching protocols
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring technologies, Windows Servers and workstations and Virtualization technologies
- CCNA/CCNP Certification is preferred
- VMWare Experience
- Software Defined Network methodology
- Must be willing to occasionally travel/work after hours.
- Active Public Trust clearance
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.